Maine or bust!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jammin'...


So today, I trucked half my kitchen over to my friend Kari's house, and we got to jammin'. The plan was to make a batch of black cherry jam for Rob, since it's his favorite and the kids and I are going down there at the end of the month for a visit. I couldn't, however, find the big bag of cherries I know I froze last summer. I found a huge bag with just a few cherries in the bottom. I'm thinking that my kids have perhaps been sampling the cherries since I tossed them in there. So what to do? Well, I found these in my fridge:


Cherries... blueberries... they could go together, right? And so they did.


Sooooo good! And then, because it's not really worth it to drag EVERYTHING over to someone else's house for one batch, we made some kiwi daiquiri jam too.



And now, now I have this:


Both recipes, by the way, were adapted out of the Bernardin Home Canning Guide.

1 comment: