Maine or bust!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Cousin Vinnie...

No, I don't have a cousin named Vinnie... What I do have is a smart-ass boyfriend ;) Last year, he asked if I'd make a curtain for his kitchen window. I thought about it, had a few false starts, and then gave it up to work on his blanket. I finally found the perfect stitch pattern that's open enough to see outside, but has enough closed areas that people can't see in and it's not girly! So I swatched it up:


(swatch is done in Estelle Cadenza on size 5 Addi Turbos - pattern is a triple chevron lace pattern I found online here)

Each pattern repeat is 2.5 inches wide, so I emailed Rob to ask if he knew off-hand how wide the kitchen window was. Important bit being I said "the" kitchen window. This was his response (in its entirety):

Now, uh, Ms. Vito, being an expert on general automotive knowledge, can you tell me... what would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor? Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bullshit question. D.A. Jim Trotter: Does that mean that you can't answer it? Mona Lisa Vito: It's a bullshit question, it's impossible to answer. D.A. Jim Trotter: Impossible because you don't know the answer! Mona Lisa Vito: Nobody could answer that question! D.A. Jim Trotter: Your Honor, I move to disqualify Ms. Vito as a "expert witness"! Judge Chamberlain Haller: Can you answer the question? Mona Lisa Vito: No, it is a trick question! Judge Chamberlain Haller: Why is it a trick question? Vinny Gambini: [to Bill] Watch this. 
Rob Schwartz:  Because you don’t have a kitchen window. 

*sigh* Aren't I lucky?

In other news, plants are all coming along nicely, and about half the parsley has sprouted (I'll take those odds, considering I thought the entire packet was a dud), and Skye and I went to yoga class today (it was brutal). The baby sweater continues apace.

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get that lace pattern? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked to it in the post ;) If you go to this site: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm, scroll down to eyelets and lace patterns, and it's called Triple Chevron :) It's an online stitch dictionary!

      Delete