Maine or bust!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ottawa Charity Knit-Along!!!

The Ravelry group I belong to, the Ottawa Area Ravellers, have organized a charity knit-along. We're hoping it will become an annual event! The organizer has chosen three local charities on which we'll concentrate, and we're to make lovely warm things for winter. I was so excited, I got started early. Here's what I did today:

I'm very excited about this challenge for two reasons. One, it's an excuse to knit stuff. (stuff that won't lie around the house afterward!). Two, I will use up SO much of my stash doing this. At least, that's my hope! I've been jonesing for some new yarn, but I have so bloody much of it, I can't justify buying any LOL Tomorrow, I need to finish my octopus (he is so cute!). I have to buy some safety eyes and some poly fill, and stuff him with filling and jingle bells :D (I'm still SO psyched about the jingle bells!)

Once the octopus is finished, I may allow myself a break by working on the tank top I started last week. Or I may start a woman's or child's hat. We'll have to see :) I'm playing it by ear. I'll bring the changing pad I'm making to Chicago with me, I think. I figure they're less likely to confiscate a blunt crochet hook than pointy knitting needles ;)

Tomorrow will be Octopus day, and PACKING! I also found the PERFECT gift bag for the blanket and octopus. They suit the recipient *perfectly*.

I'm going to go pass out now, since it's 4am, and I got off work an hour ago. *yawn* Good night, moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment