Maine or bust!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Light Dawns on Marble Head...

To be honest, I haven't been all that impressed with my weight-loss progress over the last year or so. Yeah, I lost 30 lbs. (My highest was 310 about this time last year). Yeah, I was getting in better shape. But I didn't SEE any noticeable difference. Until today, that is.

I was looking at some pictures of myself from last summer, and holy CRAP, have I changed! I hadn't noticed without the photographic proof, because I still feel like a huge whale, and I'm still a lot bigger than I want to be. But I HAVE lost weight, and I can *see* it when I look at last summer's pics, or pics from my brother's wedding (three years ago now - happy anniversary, guys!) or from our trip to Arizona last summer. I was a balloon! I can't believe how huge I was!


I'm still huge, but I can see the change. I couldn't see it before, and it makes me really happy to see it now :) I mean, I knew I must be losing something, because none of my pants fit right anymore, but to be honest, I kind of felt like the numbers were all in my head. I looked at the pictures because I ran into a friend I hadn't seen for a couple of years on Thursday, and she immediately said, "You look great! You've lost weight, haven't you?" I figured that if someone I hadn't seen in a while could see it, then maybe the change had been too gradual for me to notice. I haven't got the first clue how to set the timer on this camera to take a current pic of myself (and I don't think there have been any recent pictures of me). But I promise I'll get Rob to take one when I go back to Chicago at the end of the month!

I'm a happy girl tonight, even though I haven't slept (thus the 5am update). Afternoon nap + too much caffeine = all night knitting session ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment