Maine or bust!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I feel like the anti-Elvis...

Anybody ever heard this song?


I feel like the evil opposite of Elvis. I feel like there's no Elvis in me right now.

I'm tired, I'm depressed (and damned if I know why, I think I got yelled at and demeaned by coworkers in a dream last night!), I'm in despair and I feel like absolute crap. My stomach has been giving me trouble for the last three or four days -- not during the day, only at night when I go to bed, or in the middle of the night when I wake up nauseated and crampy.

I accomplished precisely NOTHING last night. No cleaning, no laundry, NOTHING. Rob guilted me into getting on the treadmill, and I was actually quite angry with him at the time, even though academically, I know he's right. It got to the point where everything that came out of his mouth was irritating me (through no fault of his own), so I pretty much just stayed quiet through most of the conversation.

Today, it's the opposite. I feel like I'm about to burst into tears, and I have no idea why I feel this way :( This is not normal for me, and I don't like it. I feel frustrated by things I normally wouldn't give a second thought to, I feel powerless and I feel unwanted. There's no reason for this.

To add to the fun, I ate an entire box of flaky pastries (you know, those little square things made from puffy pastry with a bit of fruit and cream filling in the middle?). I had two for breakfast, had another two mid-morning, and then had the last two after my lunch of pizza pops (did I mention I hate pizza pops?). I have two boiled eggs in my purse that I couldn't face eating this morning, and I had to throw out the avocado that was meant to be my lunch because it had gone fuzzy (INSIDE?!?!?). So joy, I've totally blown the diet for today. Dinner is going to be whatever meat I can pull out of the freezer and asparagus salad, or I'll just pick up pre-made salads at the grocery store when I go feed Jeff's cats.

I'm tired of feeling so shitty. I need a nap. A good proper nap in my bed with NO laundry on it (that's the other thing... since I started this whole laundry binge on Saturday, I've only had half a bed!).

Check please.

1 comment:

  1. Lynne, you need to make a doctor's appointment pronto. Sounds like your hormones are working overtime plus your stomach problems. Don't put it off.
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete