Maine or bust!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Weigh-In... 282.5

We've been doing The Biggest Loser at work (lord knows why I signed up... at 284, I'm easily the heaviest person in the building, and BL works by percentages, so no matter how much I lose, I'm still out of luck).

Our initial weigh-in what, seven weeks ago? was at 291 lbs. The lady organizing it made us have breakfast before she'd agree to weigh us, so we'd have the highest possible initial weigh-in. Feels like cheating to me, but okay. So 291 it was. I got down to 280 at one point, and then after Rob came for a long weekend, I gained 5 lbs. back. I can't blame Rob... it's not his fault I threw the diet out the window and stopped exercising.

This morning's weigh-in was 283.8 at work (my scale at home doesn't do tenths of pounds, it just does .0 and .5). Weigh-in at home was 282.5. Ugh. I'm going with the home scale, since that's the one I have easiest access to.

I want to see that number 7 on the scale so bad, I can taste it. However, that wasn't enough to encourage me to take the stairs at work today *sigh* I work on the 4th floor, so we're talking 3 flights of stairs. I can do two without too much difficulty, but that third one just kills me. I get out of the stairwell gasping for air with my heart pounding.

I need to start getting a bit more organized where breakfast is concerned. The last three days, I've been having leftover seafood lasagna for breakfast. That's not what I'd call diet-friendly (especially South Beach, which is low-carb). Half the time, I have no idea what I'm having for breakfast and either grab something (unhealthy) on the way to work, or I just grab whatever's in the fridge. I need to get some boiled eggs made up, and maybe grab some lunch meat to have a protein-heavy breakfast to start the day a bit more easily.

Goals for next week: Use the stairs at work 3 mornings out of 5, and boil a dozen eggs for quick and easy breakfast preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment